Saturday 16 June 2007

Learning

OK then I am quite proud of myself - I got a Youtube video enbedded in a post! OK so that was a small step but I am happy that I managed that... It means I can do some cool things and add more funness to my blog!

Nothing much else to say other then the Play Anjel and I are in has past that half way mark and we only have 4 performances left. It is totally sold out (before we opened - which is cool) and we are really getting some good responses, they laugh when they are suppose to and such!

The play is "It's My Party... And I'll Die If I Want To" by Elizabeth Coleman - a great Australian Playwright (although crap info about her on the web). It is so much fun and we all had a ball during rehearsals so it is good to also hear and see the audience having a great time with it as well. The play open with Ron Paterson (father of three and husband of one) telling the Audience that he has 111 minutes left to live... So he's invited the kids around for sausage rolls and Salads (a kind of biscuit) - from there all the neurosis and problems of the family come out in a great Black Comedy.

So to get back on track I kind of feel a little sad that we have reached this part of the Plays Run and also a little relieved to because it is hard work doing a play - while working and all the other things that life has for us to do. I still wouldn't change what I do though - I love the rush the feeling of walking out on stage into the lights and performing for all those people. It is a different performance every night and that is what makes it so exciting and great and challenging all at the same time.

Kinda miss it when it is gone...

1 comment:

Smarter Than the Average Cat said...

I love black comedies. So, you are an actor and a musician... Will you still read my blog when you are all rich and famous?

Blog Archive