Sunday 17 June 2007

Falling Down

No not a reference to the Michael Douglas movie of the same name...

I refer instead to the new video game from the makers of The Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion - Fall Out 3. There is a lot of talk out there in the interweb about this game, CAD, Game spot, IGN, Wikipedia (for the masses). I never actually completed the first two fall outs - I guess I just didn't have the time - because these are huge games and very interactive. Basically what I like in a game but still I am a little hesitant to get too involved with things like this.

I do a lot of different things, Music, Theatre, Work, Love, Family, Friends, TV... the list goes on I guess I take on a lot of different things because in one way I get too bored of one thing all the time and the other reason I seem to not be able to focus on one thing for too long... These games really do take a lot of effort and a lot of time - time I do not have much of, and effort well I have to spread that out a bit.

Take WoW for instance, I see my friends playing it a lot but I cannot allow myself to do that because if I did I would have to stop something else or sleep less to make up for it. There are times that I wish I could click it off and just be able to focus on one thing.

So where is this post leading to? I am not sure that I will buy Fall Out 3 - I know friends who will and who loved the first two so much they have played them multiple times, using different techniques - but there is so much more to do then just one game. Take my games that I am part way through at the moment, The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Knights of the Old Republic, Quake 4, NeverWinter Nights 2, Doom 3... I think the list goes on. Maybe this is just an indication of me not finishing any games... Maybe that is why WoW is so appealing I can't finish it... :)

Well either way I guess I am not really alone in this, I mean how many people finish every game they have bought... Mind you how many never finish any... I need to go home a finish a game, just one to prove that I can do it... Hmmm now which do I choose....

No comments:

Blog Archive